Saturday, June 19, 2004

Inside my head

I just "blog this"'d my Blog... Just wondering what would happen if... f it worked out, the link at the top of this blog will take you to my blog, so I guess you'll be right here....

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. She's having a dinner party for 40-50 people. I'm doing decorations and seating, dad e is doing most of the cooking, I will be doing the dessert and food for non-carnivores....

As I've said before, mom and I think differently and we do things differently. That means things like planning a party. I'm doing the decorations, including centrepieces. so I ask her, last week, how many tables will there be? 10 she says, all round. I get enough stuff for 10 perfectly matched round tables. Tonight I'm setting up tables, and there are
11 round tables and 1 huge rectangle. ugh. They don't have to match, she says. ugh. I'm dying here. Call me anal, uptight, whatever you want, but just give me the right information!!!!!!!!!!! Now that there are enough tables to seat 10 more people, she mentions in passing that there will probably be somewhere between 50 and possibly as many as 60 guests. Okay, so this is a sit down dinner and we've already bought everything we're going to cook for it. How can you change the number the night before???? did 20 people call today and invite themselves??? I think not! she called them! she invited them! now i have to feed them and decorate for them.
all will be fine though inshallah.
Happy Birthday mom!

No comments: