Thursday, August 12, 2004

A quick note of interest for travellers in Europe

I consider myself fairly well travelled. There are a lot of places I haven't been, and most of the places I've been are in the Western Hemisphere. The past couple of months I've been in Europe, and although it's not my first encounter with them, I thought I would check and see if I was doing it right. I checked out this site - and thankfully I am. It's as basic as it looks. Those of us who were born and spent most of our lives on the other side of the Atlantic will mostly have had limited exposure to these, and many, like me, have avoided them in the rare occasions when I have encountered them. Recently though, with some difficulties due to change in diet, I thought I'd try it out, and now I'm hooked. I can't see how so-called civilised countries make do without them. In Turkey they had the built-in ones mostly, and once you got used to the initial surprise of it being there, it was very helpful. This is my first close encounter with so many free-standing types. They're in every facility.
I'm a convert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you!!