Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I miss John Hicks

The last time we I was in Spain (and the first time for me) was with the band on tour last year. It's interesting to think about how things have changed for me since then. I just ran into someone who knew us from the tour and who knew John from his pre-tour sojourn here. Seconds later John himself came online. There are some people who you meet and become friends with and your friendship seems like the most natural thing in the world. I had no idea when I first met John that that would be the case. But only a few weeks later, he was a regular visitor to my flat, company in the kitchen and, along with the band, a big part of my life. I think when you create something with people it creates a special bond. I feel a connection to John and David and Gappy that I don't feel with other people. It started when we started writing music together, or maybe before that, when we decided to. We've done so many things together, that I can't believe that it was such a short time that we were all together. Visiting the Shrines, ordering takeout, exploring (John and I had a superb trip to Tzephat one weekend!), and of course the music.
Now I'm here in Spain and they treat me like Insight is some sort of superstar group! It's so funny, last week I was signing autographs hahahhahaha! Where's John now to revel in the fame he always dreamed of for us? :o) love you Hicks!

No comments: