Wednesday, April 13, 2005

ok, so not quite 5 stars...

ok, so not quite 5 stars...

here's a view of the entrance to the ass.... My hotel here in Istanbul, the As Hotel, is on a side street in Kadikoy. As you can see, it's not the epitome of luxury accomodation, but there's a double bed, my own bathroom, a t.v., a free breakfast, and my room gets cleaned every day. Oh and I found a couple of t.v. stations in English! The downside is that my room is lit by a 15 watt bulb! Yikes.
If you want to know what it's like to have a room lit by a 15 watt bulb, try this: Light a candle. Blow it out. The glow that is left for a few second on the wick is about the brightness of the bulb in my room. Apparently the wiring is old and can't support anything more than that. It's only temporary so I don't mind.

No comments: