Sunday, April 10, 2005

after a day

So I went for a walk this afternoon, to get acquainted with the area. It's hard to believe how much things are exactly as I remember them from when I was living here. The people, the place, everything! I love it!

My brain is still adjusting to Turkish. I understand everything perfectly, much to the surprise of the Turkish staff at the school, but when I try to speak, Spanish comes out! It's so funny! It's all coming back though, and after just a day, I am doing much better.

I'm so glad I came here. The people here at the school are wonderful. The school facilities are great. I haven't started teaching yet, so I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time!

All is well though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! You're even closer than before!! This makes coming to Turkey much, much more of a possibility... yay!! I remember being so bummed when we couldn't make it on the trip to Turkey with you when you were still in Haifa.

Best wishes in your new J-O-B!

Love, Mara

V said...

I'll say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When can I come? (will you have a flat of your own??)

Anonymous said...

oooh turkey!!!! it is almost like being in Haifa... almost... you have access to so many of the Bahai Holy Places there as well!!!!
I hope everything goes well in your new job, it really seems like you like what you are doing, what a blessing.
Love love - sjo

Anonymous said...

WEll, Once again congrats on your exciting new life.
Do you remember when you lived in Turkey you said you would like to return one day as a teacher (Maths that is). Life is really something.
There is always a plan and we have no clue!!