Saturday, April 23, 2005

2 weeks

I've been here for 2 weeks already! Time is flying.

I'm still living in a hotel, however our new flat will be ready for us
on Tuesday!!! Yayyyy!!!!!!!
All my classes are going really well. I am getting ready to teach my
beginner class this afternoon, and they are my favourites. During
their conversation activity, my intermediate class told Lydia that
they really like me, and last night, one of my two private advanced
students said that they had been talking about me, and they've had a
lot of teachers so far, and I'm definitely one of the best they've
had. In addition to being liked, I think I'm also managing to teach
them English, which is the real success!
I worked 25 hours my first week, 29 my second and I'm going into my
3rd with a schedule for 31. It's a lot for a new teacher, but since
the classes are 3 and 4 hours long, it doesn't take as much planning
as, say 30 hours of one hour classes. Planning 4 hours is the same as
planning 1 hour!
I've got more pics to upload, possibly later. I have just switched
with Alex for conversation practice with the upper intermediates, so I
have to go get ready.
Oh yeah, and Happy Ridvan!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I've read through your archives and have been waiting for a new post.

I admire you for what you are doing. I, also, am in education, but nothing like what you are doing. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much and it seems you are making a real difference! That's great!

I loved the post about the crab. haha

Krisia said...

Wow! It's kinda cool that there's a perfect stranger out there reading my blog! hehehe.
I will check yours out as soon as I get settled and can be online for more than 7 minutes at a time!
Thanks for the comments!

V said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's so exciting Kris!

:-) It's so nice that you're doing so well! yay for Turkey! And being appreciated for doing one's job well!