Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Reading blogs

It's time.
I like reading blogs. But not just any blogs. My friends' blogs. I
posted a link to Mara's blog a few months back and I mentioned Vi's
Blog
but didn't link to it.
Sometimes there are artists... musicians, painters, writers, whatever,
who don't realsie what they can do. Sometimes they have an inkling
that their stuff is good but they don't really believe you when you
rave about it. This is Vi.
When I read her blog, instead of just reading about her life or where
she is or what she's doing, I feel like I'm seeing it with her eyes,
I'm really inside her head. She doesn't just see things and then
describe them, she lets them affect her first, and then shares the
feeling with you. I LOVE her blog. But not as much as I love her.
Talking to Vi is like becoming a part of a magical world, where things
are so much more than what they look like, like looking at them
through a mushroom-shaped kaleidoscope, where a poster of a meerkat is
worthy of a quick stop of the car, where smiles are brought on by a
pedestrian curtsying to the driveer that stopped for her, where
backgammon is played with tiny silver dice on a tiny silver board in a
tiny cafe....
I can't describe Vi's writing. I don't have that ability to make
mental pictures move like she does. But I can send you to her. Drop in
and pay her a visit, and please tell her what you think. Let her know
when she makes you smile and laugh out loud.....
http://ThreeLeggeDuck.blogspot.com

2 comments:

gypsy said...

100% in agreement with you - sjo

Anonymous said...

Here's what I've come with on how her blog makes me feel (and she knows the feeling is different for me since she's been in the Congo):

I've always had a few places I want to visit before I die. Even if my list had 100 places on it, I don't think the Congo was ever on it. Ever.

That is, until this amazing writer came along and suddenly made me think it was a high priority to get myself there and soak up all the radiance of the place!!

Unfortunately, as I KNOW Violetta, I know I'd have to go WHILE SHE WAS THERE, otherwise, my limited mind would not have the ability to see, feel and experience the Congo the same way she does.