Sunday, March 20, 2005

It's Over!

Wow, a month flew by! The course is finally over. I got the grade I
was working so hard for. Now comes the fun part where I'm job-hunting
again. But this time I'm an English teacher. I came to Zaragoza for an
interview yesterday. It seems like a decent job, and the pay is good.
Only problem is that I have to come up with three sample one-hour
lesson plans to send him by tomorrow afternoon. I thought the assessed
lesson plans ended with the course... but it's only the beginning! The
job is fora company that does intensive residential English courses.
Basically clients come for a week (mostly business clients) and are
immersed in English. It normally takes place at a hotel in the country
somewhere, the company has a number of places that they use, including
some very near to and on the outskirts of Bilbao. The teachers live
wherever they want, and just come to the place to do the courses. It
looks quite promising. The pay is good, but it's because it's an
intensive work week (followed by a week of relaxing). If I get it,
I'll take it. I had an interview on Thursday for a job, but it doesn't
offer enough hours or money to be worth it, although I got the job.
I'm going to Madrid this weekend. Hector just told me about a Baha'i
school they're having so I'm going to go and help out. I haven't done
much Baha'i stuff for the month I've been in BCN so it's nice to be
doing something. Farida is coming for a visit this week and I'm
looking forward to seeing her again. We always have lots o' fun :o)
Happy Naw-Ruz!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Happy Naw-Ruz!!

Lots of love,

Mara