Sunday, February 20, 2005

In Barcelona

We arrived on a bus at 6:15 a.m.
Disoriented, stiff and tired, we decided to take a taxi instead of the
metro to the apartment where I am staying for the duration of the
course.
We got in the taxi. I couldn't find the card where I had written the
address. I rummaged around in my bag, and in my pockets. Nada. So I
decided to call the lady who I am staying with, and get the address.
Rummaged in pockets again - no cellphone! Geesh! Vi had the brilliant
idea of taking the taxi to the other bus station, where the bus was
going next. Our taxi driver, a Spanish driver with clear streets at 6
a.m., in a city where red lights are more of a guideline than a rule,
managed to get us there in record time. I ran downstairs to where the
buses were, and found our bus. It was being cleaned. The driver let me
get on and look. I checked our seat, and under it, and the seats in
front and behind. Nothing. The sweeping guy asked what I was looking
for and I explained that my phone was missing. He checked the seat,
then he did something I thought was crazy, he felt under the seat. Not
in the space on the floor, the underside of the seat. Hooked in a
really weird way that totally obscured it from view, was my phone.
There is no way I would have found it otherwise! Wow! So a few minutes
later we were in another taxi headed for my new home for the next
month....
Barcelona is beautiful. Just as beautiful as I remembered. The people
in my course are great, and I'm looking forward to the first day
tomorrow. The only bad thing is that Vi's foot is really badly injured
and she can't walk very well. We managed to get to park guell today
and will see things little by little :o)
Oh yeah, and i lost my wallet friday night.... internet time's up
though.... Next post....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhh, Krisia, last time I checked you didn't have to RELIVE my experience in Barcelona:

1. left purse underneath seat of bus (returned & got it)

2. wallet stolen shortly thereafter...

Geesh! It's still a beautiful place though... Love you, mara

Anonymous said...

hey krisia! oooh... everytime i read your blog it makes me want to go to Spain sooo much!
I am sure you already heard the big news about gilberto...crazy.
anyway.. enjoy your visit with Violetta:)

Anonymous said...

Wow Krisia...Seeing it written down it defintely sounds crazy and wild. But notwithstanding all the misadventures, cell phone, wallet adn foot, it was still wonderful... THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Love,

V