Monday, September 27, 2004

Useful links

I thought I'd gather together all the links that I keep finding myself
giving out over the past few weeks and post them in one place. So if I
tell you to check my Blog for the link, it's here.


Serving at the BWC
https://bahai.bwc.org/service/
This page has the service needs, a little about the recruitment
process, and online forms to apply. Also the contact e-mail for the
office of personnel if you have any more questions.


Insight Website
www.InsightTheBand.net
That's us. I miss these guys, but I'm really glad we did the cd. Buy
it. Please?! Don't mistake our site for insighttheband.com.... that's
someone else. I like their site though and they look cool....

Paypal
www.paypal.com
Dude. Money. Online. Need I say more? Maybe so.... People can send you
money straight from their credit or debit card. You can send money to
anyone with an e-mail address. To receive the money you set it up to
credit your bank account or your credit card. It's so simple! - and
cheap makes wire transfers and Western Union seem like major
ripoffs....


Online translator
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
Babelfish provides pretty rudimentary translation to and from a lot of
languages. I find it works best if you keep it simple. Like if you
have a long sentence with a lot of verbs in complicated tenses, break
it up into shorter, simpler sentences. You're still likely ot get some
weird results, but come on, it's a free online translator. It's also
good for translating web pages. If you're bored, try putting in a
short paragraph, translate it to another language, translate the
translation back to english, and to and fro, until you get something
constant. It's hilarious!

Here's what that paragraph ended up as to and from Spanish:
1st iteration:
Babelfish provides the pretty rudimentary translation to and from many
of languages. The encounter work more better possible if you maintain
it simple. As if you have a long oration with many of verbs in
complicated times, rómpalos for above in shorter orations, simpler. Ot
probable of You're still obtains some strange results, but it goes
ahead, it's a translator in line frees. It's also good to translate
Web pages. If you're bored, it tries to put in a short paragraph,
tradúzcalo to another language, it translates the translation to
English again, and forwards and back, until you obtain something
constant. Laughing It's!

(as I said, it's not perfect - keep it simple!)

4th or 5th time:
Babelfish provides the pretty rudimentary translation to and from many
of languages. Possible the best one of the work of the encounter if
you maintain it simple. As if you have a long oration with many of
verbs in the complicated hours, the rómpalos for aforesaid in shorter
orations, simpler. The probable one of Ot de You're still obtains some
strange results, but it goes more ahead, it's than a translator in
line sends. It's also good for translating the pages of the Web if
you're bored, he tries to put in a short paragraph, tradúzcalo to
another language, it translates the translation to the English again,
and it sends and the movements around the other way, until you obtain
something constant. It's that laughs!

It's pretty reassuring for my friends who are translators, the
knowledge that it will be a long long time before you are replaced by
a machine! :o)

Online Spanish Lessons
http://www.studyspanish.com
Go here and click on "Free Stuff", get the free membership for your
online report card and grade book, and then get going! Speak out loud
as you do the lessons, and use the audio helpers to work on your
pronounciation. It's the best free thing I've found in a long time!!!!


Summer School Pictures.
Here's my pics from summer school. Shutterfly sucks though. I'm not
sending any more people to put pictures there. I love that you can do
the cards and stuff, but there's so many times that I've tried to look
at pics and it wasn't working.... the disadvantages outweigh the
benefits.

G-Mail
www.gmail.com
Google's e-mail rocks. Nothing but praise from me. Vi mentioned the
important problem that it doesn't save draft e-mails, but other than
that, I have no complaints. 1 gig of memory, easy organisation, filing
under multiple headings, and a Google search of your e-mail!!!! It
rocks! It's free and is driven by ads that are displayed when you
check your e-mail, they are down the side of the screen and are
generated from keywords in your e-mail. Pretty cool, David was talking
to me about his new guitar that he's getting and I got ads for guitar
stores.... Even the ads are fun! You can only join by invite though,
so put a comment on this blog if you want an invite and I'll send you
one.

Jason Mraz
www.JasonMraz.com
Jason Mraz is one of the best performers I've ever heard. He rocks. I
can't say enough good stuff about his music. I'm glad he's doing well.

That's it for now but I'm sure I'll be adding to this.

No comments: