Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Untitled

When you name something "Untitled" isn't that giving it a name? It's like using the word generic or no-name as a name brand....

I've been writing songs lately. I was sitting at Feast a couple of weeks ago, and it was cool following the devotional portion in Spanish, but when it came to the consultation I started to lose my concentration and zone out. Oops. Well as I was sitting there thinking about nothing in particular, a song came into my head... so I wrote it down. Unbelievably, it flowed and rhymed and everything from the first writing of it, I haven't needed to revise anything. I've been working on the guitar and vocals but I suck at that. I really miss McKinney. I can't believe how easy it was to write songs with him. We were chatting yesterday and were talking about sharing songwriting again. He's been writing lots of guitar parts and melodies but no words, I've been writing a bunch of lyrics and can't put them to music....
I started learning the guitar so that I wouldn't have this problem anymore, so that the songs in my head could come out. With my typical impatience, I'm getting really frustrated about not being able to play it well enough yet. I've been playing daily, the hard nubs at the tips of my left fingers are proof of that. It's weird. They peeled and now you can't see them, but my fingertips feel like they used to when I used to put white glue on them and wait for it to dry....
There's a strange smell in my room. It's somewhere near the wall at the head of the bed. So for the past few nights I have slept the other way, with my head at the foot of the bed. I haven't been able to sleep. It's okay though, because there's always siesta to make up for the missed hours at night! :o)

No comments: