Tuesday, May 11, 2004

How is it possible for a place to be so hot and muggy??? I'm in Barbados now. If ever I thought that maybe I could live in the Caribbean, It's really being reinforced now how much I hate the weather here! I can't believe people come here for vacation, it's so hot and humid and muggy.... However, the time I'm spending with my parents is great. The new house they bought is beautiful and peaceful and relaxing. I have 2 months to just rest and relax, and dive - I can't really complain can I?

So far since I've been here, I've been to Convention, my first weekend. I did a programme with the junio youth for that. We made magnets and studied the Ridvan message. Thanks Vi for the magnet idea! They loved it, I loved it!!!!

I took part with the choir in the 12th day of Ridvan programme. I accompanied them on the violin and sang the bass part in a song.

I had some friends over for dinner on Friday night. I know while I was here my friends were pretty few and far between - quality, not quantity. But in addition to that, many have now left Barbados, and the ones that are still here are starting to marry and procreate... It was an interesting dinner. I have friends that I met while I was here, going to school, Baha'i friends, and friends from Barbados who I met in Trinidad. It was really interesting bringing some of them together because they all knew each other before, but in different contexts. In addition, there's a Baha'i visiting from Montreal, doing his residency at the hospital here for a couple of months. He dives :o)

Life is good in general. I think my missing the World Centre is taking many forms, however the feeling of being on vacation helps. When you're on vacation you try not to look at the part where it ends and you go home, and I think that when this ends and I go to Europe then find myself in Spain, it will really hit me that this is now where "home" is. I dunno. I miss a lot of things about the BWC though but mostly it's my friends, and the way we interact and having people around who i feel comfortable with and just being able to be myself. I feel weird around my parents, we're so different....

That's it for now. I'm blogged out.

No comments: