Thursday, December 14, 2006

Long time no blog

Last blog was from Plovdiv, where I spent a wonderful day, met some new people, met up with friends from Istanbul, and made friends on the bus ride home. In a nutshell, Plovdiv is a beautiful little town and I'm definitely going back there for another visit.
 
Speaking of visits, my next trip is going t obe to Barbados to visit the parents. I am planning to leave here on or about January 19 or so. Unfortunately though, my wallet was stolen last week so I have to figure out some solution to the problem of being without a drivers' licence. We'll see what happens. Hopefully, some morally upright Turk will find it and turn it in to the police..... Inshallah!
 
As far as my life lately, I still go to salsa classes on a weekly basis. My partner is Cameron, another teacher. He's an Australian yoga teacher whose job before coming here was teaching English to some monks in Tibet or India or something.... He's definitely a character, and he's fun to dance with.
 
The cats are doing well although with winter coming, Baris's lungs are sounding wheezy again. Apparently his lungs are too small for his body. Not surprising since his body is huge! Savas takes good care of him though.
 
I have another friend here Cengiz, who I met at a Language Exchange website. I get to practice my Turkish and he his English so it's a good deal for both of us. We've been getting together about once or twice a week to chat.
 
All in all life is very much the same. I still have a private lesson with a Baha'i in our community once a week. In fact, we have a class now.
 
Anyone reading this, drop me a note to let me know what's going on. I'm tired of opening my inbox and finding it full of only junk mail. My email address is my first name at gmail dot com.....
 
See ya!
 
 

No comments: