Friday, September 15, 2006

I got the music back...


I got the music back...
I got the music back...
I got the music back...
Originally uploaded by Krisia.

I've been in Turkey for a year and a half now and there's been something missing the whole time. I've made several attempts to find and connect with musicians, because the thing I really missed was sitting down with friends and making music together. None of these attempts had really panned out into anything. Last week in conversation class I met a guitarist, Levent. His brother Freddie plays the ney, a Turkish bamboo flute. He arrived in Istanbul last Sunday. We have been playing almost daily since then. I can't believe how much I have missed this. My fingers are calloused, my throat is sore, but I'm extremely happy! :o)

2 comments:

Lindsay Lamar said...

I'm so glad that you've found an outlet for doing music--that's great!

-Lindsay-

gypsy said...

I miss you singing at the beach.