Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Paris Pics

I've just had a wonderful few days in Paris. My main aim in coming here was to hang out with Vi and see a few things in this city. I've done quite well on both fronts I think. Vi and I had a wonderful time! She showed me a new game as well, watch out Yahtzee, the Dice Game is here!!! Thanks so much for everything, Vi.
I spent a little time wandering around on my own and got to see some of the sights. I loved the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Pyramid, but my favourite places I don't have pics of. We sat on the grass in a park near the Latin Quarter, next to a fountain. I loved it there. I went to the parts of the city that are inhabited mostly by immigrants, and walking down the street seeing people from all different countries, shops with stuff from everywhere, cuisine of all different countries... it was so cool. I didn't realise how much I missed that diversity in Istanbul. I got used to everyone around me being Turkish! That first day, wandering around, buying shampoo in a store with Black beauty products, visiting a restaurant and getting the Turks to help me because my French was awful! Seeing the market, eating in an Algerian Restaurant.... that's the Paris I came here for. I had a wonderful trip. Click on the pics and take a look at my Flickr Album.
Eiffel TowerMe and ViLouvre Pyramid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Krisia,
So jealous of your travels.I'm stuck here at my desk at work, and it is raining. Write again soon!
Kathryn